Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Transylvanian Adventures

I'm going to make a confession. While I was excited about Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG and the things I'd seen about it, I wasn't totally sold on the game. Yes, it seemed like it would be  a lot of crazy fun. Yes, I loved the old school look and Appendix N-ness of it. However, the thing that really sold the system to me was the third party Transylvanian Adventures books written by S.A. Mathis over at Land of Phantoms.

What is Transylvanian Adventures? The game uses its own variation of the DCC rules to emulate the action of classic Hammer Horror. Here's the advertisement that can be found in the back of the DCC book.



Okay so it's June 2013 and the books still aren't out. They are coming though. You can check on the progress over at Land of the Phantoms. The first book is on its way, and he's committed to finishing two more after that. Our first real taste (or does bite work better) was released yesterday with the adventure, The Winter Home. 

Blurb from RPGNOW:

""The Winter Home" is an introductory adventure designed for the 5 pre-generated characters included in the back. The characters in The Winter Home include 5 of the 8 new classes from  Transylvanian Adventures: the Valiant, Exotic, Half-Breed, Hunter and Reaver.


The adventure is also suitable for a party of 3rd or 4th level Dungeon Crawl Classics characters."

You can purchase the introductory adventure at the Land of Phantoms store. I got a free copy as part of a special Free RPG Day promotion and I hope to run it soon (possibly this weekend). If that happens I'll let you guys know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment