Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let The Gaming Begin

Sorry I didn't post anything for Mastermind Monday. It's been a hectic couple of weeks. I promise I will start back up next week.

I have two games starting tomorrow. That's right I said two. I've previously mentioned I am running a cinematic unisystem game and a fantasy game. While I still plan on running them on alternating Sundays, since some of my cini-uni players won't be able to make it over until later in the evening I've decided to start the fantasy game tomorrow too.

We will be using Crypts & Things for the fantasy game. I am using my own setting (which I will flesh out as we play). It will be reminiscent of White Wolf's Scarred Lands setting, but with a more pulp Crypts & Things slant. Gods, elves, dwarves, and other typical fantasy things exist (or at least existed in my game). The gods and their servants waged war on the Others for years, but to no avail. Finally they cut themselves off from the world to banish the Others. This only partially worked as there are still portals.Some races were wiped out, others are on decline (such as dwarves and elves). I contemplated letting the players make demihuman characters but I decided against it. While the races are still around in my game, the pc's are still going to be all human.

While I originally planned on running a Buffy game with elements of Supernatural, I was inspired by some friends to run a Buffy game with elements of Lovecraft. The game will not be all dread, doom, and gloom like Call of Cthulhu, but I will be mixing in a bit of the strangeness. The group all have ties to Miskatonic University. I have two professor, one librarian, and three students. I will try to post summaries of the sessions on here (though I make no promises).

I'm pretty pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment