Monday, February 10, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop - Day 10

First Gaming Magazine You Ever Bought?

While it is possible that I bought an issue of Inquest before this (I did play a lot of Magic: The Gathering back in the day), the first gaming magazine I distinctly remember buying was Dragon Magazine 254. I remember how excited I was to find it on the shelf of a local gas station, The Briar Patch. I begged my mom to get it for me. As you can tell by the cover the main feature was about giants. The issue contained articles about tactics used by giants and tactics used against giants. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. There was also an article about undead giants (or lycanthropic giants... I bought another issue right after that that had an article about were-giants).

I don't remember much about the other articles. The pit trap one was cool. The comics were fun. Even if I can't remember every detail this issue started my love for Dragon Magazine.

Until recently I had many 2E issues and every 3.0/3.5 issue. I miss print gaming magazines. I've picked up an issue of Gygax Magazine and it seems to be scratching that itch.


1 comment:

  1. I've used the giant tactics in the issue against PCs. It was brutal.

    ReplyDelete