Friday, February 14, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop - Day 14

Did you meet your significant other while playing D&D? Does he or she still play?
I Had No Choice by Gold-Seven

I currently don't have a significant other. However, I do have a former significant other that I did meet because of D&D. During my undergrad days I used to chat on some of the local IRC servers for my area. One night my friend Devan told me that there was someone using the name CattieBrie and that I should chat with her. I recognized the name and changed my screen name to Drizzt. We chatted for a bit and after she sent me a pic I through out the geekiest pickup line I've ever used...

"So I see you rolled an 18 charisma."

It worked. Sort of. We made plans and decided to hang out. Blah blah blah. Long story. She was my first kiss. Blah blah blah. We did eventually date. Blah blah blah. She's one of my best friends to this day.

I know she still loves D&D, but I don't think she gets to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment