Monday, August 11, 2014

#RPGaDay 11

Day 11 - Weirdest RPG Owned

Hands down the weirdest rpg I own is Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai by Guardians of Order. The game itself uses BESM's tri-stat and is solid. I find the setting interesting. The reason I find the game so weird is that Ghost Dog is an obscure movie and I don't understand why it has its own rpg. I like the movie. Hell, I own the movie, but when I think of licensed properties, it just seems like a bizarre one.

So you know, if you've ever had a hankering for playing a table top that let's you play Forest Whitaker as a hitman/modern samurai, then this is the game for you.

As I said the game actually isn't bad, just not sure why it exists. I've thought about taking it and statting out other action characters of this style, perhaps Leon (from the Professional) or the MacManus brothers (from Boondock Saints).


No comments:

Post a Comment