Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Keep (1983)


Synopsis: A Jewish scholar seeks to unleash an ancient demon and decimate the Nazis while an enigmatic traveler seeks to keep the demon trapped.

The Good:  I like Scott Glenn, Gabriel Byrne, Jurgen Prochnow, and Ian McKellen; they are main cast of the movie.

The Bad: Everything? I wanted to like this movie. I love the premise and the cast includes many actors I like. However, I just couldn't get into it. I got bored fast and nothing could bring my interest back.

Final Thoughts: If you've not watched this, avoid it.

In Your Game: Strangely enough this movie has a board game and an rpg adventure(compatible with AD&D), both produced by Mayfair Games.

New To Me Movies Watched: 5
Total Movies Watched: 8

1 comment:

  1. I largely agree, though there are some amazing and gorgeous visuals in this (Scott Glenn at the Bulgarian border checkpoint, and the long pull-back in the cavern from the unfortunate German soldier who discovers it stand out). I'd consider it worth a look with very diminished expectations, especially for big Ian McKellan fans.

    ReplyDelete