Friday, October 17, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge - Re-Animator (1985)

Synopsis: A dedicated student at a medical college and his girlfriend become involved in bizarre experiments centering around the re-animation of dead tissue when an odd new student arrives on campus.

The Good: Jeffrey Combs' Herbert West is just the perfect character. His delivery is always right on and his lines delivered with a wonderful dry wit. The humor, gore, and sexuality is just a wonderful chaotic mix.

The Bad: The franchise has some weird sexual stuff that makes me uncomfortable at times.

Final Thoughts: This is my favorite horror flick and franchise. I've even dressed as Herbert West for Halloween several years ago.

In Your Game: Dr. West was one of the first npc's I tried to stat up for cinematic unisystem and one of my earliest posts. You can see the original here. I also have quicksheets here.

New To Me Movies Watched: 14
Total Movies Watched: 23



No comments:

Post a Comment