Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge: The Thing (1982)


Synopsis: Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills.

The Good: 1982's The Thing is a masterpiece. It has the perfect mix of horror and paranoia. The creature effects are fantastic and still give me chills to this day. I love Kurt Russel's MacCready (okay... I honestly just love Kurt Russel).

The Bad: I can't really say anything bad about this one.

Final Thoughts: This movie is probably the best aliens among us flick out there. I've seen it 20+ times and I still love it. When John Carpenter and Kurt Russel get together, magic happens.

In Your Game: Instead of creating new content, I thought I'd share something I found on the net years ago. Michael Tresca has created some fun movie/rpg netbooks over the years and he has a d20 Modern one for The Thing. You can find it here. You can find his other netbooks here.

New To Me Movies Watched: 0
Total Movies Watched: 1


No comments:

Post a Comment