Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ash Wednesday - Wolverine Scout Archetype

Evil Dead: Hail to the King was a PS1 game that featured Ash returning to the cabin. Honestly, it wasn't a very good game, but it had some cool enemies, like the hellbillies. Another subset of enemies were the Wolverine Scouts, a Boy Scout-like group that went missing (and were possessed by Kandarian demons).

The core rulebook only includes a few primitive screwhead archetypes, so I've decided to create more.

Wolverine Scout
Primitive Screwhead
Life Points: 49
Drama Points: 20

Attributes:
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 2
Perception: 4
Willpower: 2

Qualities:
Attractiveness 1 (+1)
Fast Reaction Time (+2)
Hard to Kill 5 (+5)
Natural Toughness (+2)
Nerves of Steel (+3)
Resistance - Poison (+1)

Drawbacks:
Honorable - Serious (-2)
Teenager (-2)

Skills:  
Doctor 2
Riding 1
Getting Medieval 3
Knowledge 1
Kung Fu 2
Mr. Fix-It 3
Notice 1
Sports 2

Maneuvers:          Bonus     Damage           Notes
Bow                            5          8             Slash/stab; use pistol ranges; p. 98
Dodge                         5         None        Avoid getting hit; -2 against ranged,; p. 89
Knife                           5          4             Slash/stab; p. 98

Background on Wolverine Scout

I knew we shouldn't have went into that forest. Troop 81 went missing there 15 years ago. The troop wanted to go though, and I never miss a weekend camping trip. I've been a scout and know to always be prepared. In addition to my normal gear, I made sure to pack your trusty knife, extra rope, a bow, and some arrows (archery merit badge at age 10, I rock, I know).

The trip started out fine, but on the second night something strange happened. Scout Master Gary went crazy started hovering above the campfire, and screamed about how we would be dead by dawn. It didn't take him long to turn the rest of my troop. Had it not been for my bow and blade, I'd have been dead for sure. I survived the night and the next morning I went to the authorities. No one believed my story and everyone assume that Gary just went postal.

I did some research and found a story about a man named Ashley who described an incident in the woods like mine that happened in the 80's. He blew me off, but I'm persistent. I've found a few others that have had similar experiences. We've been meeting on the weekends and we're going to be ready for the next time.

Quote
"Looks like I just earned my kicking deadite ass merit badge!"

Roleplaying the Wolverine Scout
You're a lot tougher than people give you credit for. You may not be the Promised One of legend, but you've been Wolverine Scout  since you were 5 and have learned many skills. These demons are going to have to work extra hard if they want to swallow your soul.

-------


No comments:

Post a Comment