Saturday, August 15, 2015

Rat Queens Tabletop

Well folks, it looks like I'm going to need to learn to love Dungeon World. Last month Rat Queens writer Kurtis Wiebe tweeted that he's working on a Rat Queens rpg with Adam Koebel. You can read it here. Wiebe says it's using Dungeon World guts and Koebel is one of the creators of the system, so it sounds cool to me. While I don't know too much about Dungeon World, I've read good things. Narrative heavy games can be fun. They definitely make some of the outlandish feats that the Queens pull off easier.



Both of the above scenes would take way too many rolls to do in D&D or Pathfinder, which slows down the action. Yet from what I'm reading, Dungeon World could handle it with little problem.

Has any one played Dungeon World? If so, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment