Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Necessary Evil and the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion (2nd Edition)

"The Fate of the world lies with the scum of the Earth!

When the super heroes of the world are blown to kingdom come by an unstoppable army of invading aliens, who will save the day? Evil... The only forces left to take on the alien menace are the crafty and self-serving super-villains!"

The supers bug has been biting my friends and I recently and I've thought about running Necessary Evil for Savage Worlds. I have SW Explorer's Edition and Necessary Evil Explorer's Edition. With these books I have everything I need to run Necessary Evil.

I don't keep up with Savage Worlds and I recently found out that there's another separate Necessary Evil campaign, Necessary Evil: Breakout. I know that if I run the game, I'll run the original, however I can't decide if I want to use the Explorer's Edition or if I want to expand the game by picking up the second edition of the Savage Worlds Super Hero Companion.

For those of you that play Savage Worlds, what do you recommend? I know that I have all I need right now. However, would it benefit my group and I to pick up the Super Hero Companion (and the Aliens Update)? If I decide to use the companion there are several free supplemental things I could use to flesh out the game, but I might have to work to convert some things from the Explorer's Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment