Sunday, March 13, 2016

Succubus Sunday - Santanico Pandemonium Part II

It's hard to imagine someone other than Selma Hayek playing the iconic temptress from From Dusk Till Dawn, but Eiza Gonzalez does a damn fine job of it in From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series.

The series originally aired on Robert Rodriguez's El Rey Network, but can also be found on Netflix. Season one follows (and greatly expands) on the plot of the original film. There are a few changes, but honestly they work and pave the way for an extended series. I just finished season two a couple of weeks ago, and I can't wait for the third.

If you like vampires, check this show out.





2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I like vampires and Mexicans and the works of Mr. Rodriguez, so I'll be sure to check this out. I'd never heard of it...thanks.

    [interesting that Ms. Gonzalez is from the state of Sonora, opposite side of the country from Selma Hayek. You'd think that wouldn't matter terribly but Veracruz (Hayek's home) is known for being "the state of beautiful people." I can't remember what Sonora's known for save the Yaqui people who had some fairly notorious (savage) customs. It's cowboy country up there]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I have not checked this series out yet, but I going to have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete