Monday, August 29, 2016

Superhero Extravaganza


Villains and Vigilantes is back with a new edition and a new name: Mighty Protectors. Creators, Jeff Dee and Jack Herman, are set to release the third edition of the game which will include a more detailed look their setting. You can check out the Kickstarter here. I've never played it and Mutants and Masterminds is my go-to supers game, but I'm going to back it and give it a shot. There are some nice freebie pdfs depending on the level you back, and one of the add-ons sounds like it has roller girl mooks.
I really liked this movie (though I watched the Ultimate Edition, not the theatrical cut). I know critics hated it, but I enjoyed it. I don't think it was perfect, but I still wasn't disappointed. The Trinity were all well represented. I already liked Cavill as Supes, Batfleck is da bomb (though I don't like his Frank Miller-esque tendencies), and I believe Gal Gadot is an actual goddess. Jeremy Irons is the perfect Alfred. I would watch a movie just about Alfred, if it starred Irons. The infamous Martha seen wasn't as bad as everyone says. I will say that I couldn't stand Jesse Eisenberg's Alexander Luthor. He just annoyed the Hell out of me. Had he been the Riddler or Calculator, I would have been fine. Also, screw you Snyder for what you did to Jimmy.
Once again, I disagree with the critics. I might have really liked BvS, but I LOVED Suicide Squad even more. They're one of my favorite teams (next to the Teen Titans and Justice League). I think the squad was on point. Amanda Waller was phenomenal (though I always picture her as CCH Pounder). Flagg was my favorite character. Deadshot and Harley had the most screen time, but when you pay for Will Smith and have Margot Robbie wearing that outfit, I'm not surprised. The other villains get their time to shine though. I would have loved to seen more of Diablo and Croc, but when they act, they're great. My only real complaint with the film is that Harley and Joker's relationship, while abusive, still seemed loving on both ends. Joker actually seemed to care for her. This doesn't fit with Joker and Harley. I've read that the relationship was originally depicted as more abusive and one-sided and that's how it should have stayed. Make sure you stay and watch the mid-credits scene.
Wonder Woman is going to be amazing! Gal Gadot is a baddass goddess and Chris Pine is fun. Judging by the trailer, the movie is going to have a nice sense of humor. I think this is the right step away from Snyder-bleakness.
This trailer gave me goosebumps. It's a great use of Icky Thump and there's a nice sense of humor. Bruce's line at the end had me laughing out loud.
If you were wondering what Thor was doing during Captain America: Civil War, wonder no more...
I've been excited about Guardians for a few years. The concept are was great and the early clips seemed cool. The full trailer (just released last week), looks absolutely amazing. You want a fun Russian Avengers-eqsue film this is for you. If you don't, I'm not sure we can be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment