Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Pinopticon

This post isn't really gaming or geek related, but I wanted to give a shout out to an old friend and his online shop. Wade designs pins based on art, literature, and radical (Left) politics and they are fantastic. If you're looking for some flair with meaning check out Pinopticon. They are also on Facebook and Instagram.

When I saw his Morning Star pin inspired by Gustave Dore's "Satan descends upon Earth" I had to have it. I do believe that Paradise Lost engraving is my all time favourite piece of art.


My political views tend to be radical left, so of course I loved this Refugees Welcome pin. A portion of the proceeds from sales are donated to No Mas Muertes (No More Deaths), an organization in southern Arizona which advocates for immigration reform and works to stop the deaths of immigrants in the desert. You can learn more about the organization here.


As a librarian (and just general book lover), I had to have this one inspired by Joseph Mugnaini's iconic cover of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

Wade also sent some really cute 3d stickers with my order. Being the goth unicorn I am, I loved them. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment