Monday, October 16, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)


Synopsis: This film picks up right after the events of Friday the 13th Part 2. Jason steals some clothes, kills a couple of store owners, and finds a new group of young sinning adults to kill.

The Good:  Like part 2 this is a good 'ol fashioned 80's slasher. None of the kills are particularly spectacular, but there are some really good ones.

The Bad: This movie was made for 3D and the gags are pretty damn cheesy. It's even weirder when you don't watch it in 3D.

Final Thoughts: This Friday the 13th has my favourite victim of the series, Sheldon "Shelley" Finkelstein. Shelley is a nerdy clown, into horror, and chubby. He's also the reason Jason has the hockey mask.

In Your Game: The Relentless Stalker for Slashers & Victims Light is essentially this version of Jason Vorhees. That being said I've decided to add a new item for S&V Light. 

Shelley's Mask
The hockey mask worn by Jason (taken from Shelley Finkelstein) has been imbued with dark energies. The individual wearing it recieves a -1[+1] bonus to AC. However, it whispers dark things in their ears, which scream when the mask is removed (stunning the wearer for 1d3 rounds or until they're attacked).

New To Me Movies Watched: 17
Total Movies Watched: 26


3 comments:

  1. I think #3 might be my favorite of the series. Damn, it's hard to pick a best-of when it comes to this series. #1 through #4 are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the first four being fantastic. While I think 2 is my favorite, Shelley's my favourite character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The harpoon killing in 3 might be my favorite death. The music is fun, too. There's almost a comic book disco vibe to it.

    My favorite character might be "dead fuck" from #4.

    ReplyDelete