Saturday, February 24, 2018

Grab Yer Six-Shooter and Saddle Up!


I'm working on a short Western hack for Swords & Wizardry Light/Continual Light. I'm calling it Six-Shooters and Wagons (because as far as I know, that name hasn't been used). It will be a bit more substantial than Slashers & Victims Lights, because there's more content to discuss and is based more on Continual Light than Light.  It will include some house rules (a few of which have been borrowed from The Assembly). There will be new rules for healing (since magic using classes are optional in the genre), weapons (guns, guns, guns), and two new classes. The gunslinger will have lower hit points than a fighter, but high attack bonus with guns. The scout will be a sort of nature oriented thief (and have a moonshiner optional class).

After I finish this I'll probably do some the Justice Rider-inspired  Light City content I mentioned before.

I'm going to watch some of my favourite westerns and play Red Dead Redemption for inspiration.  I also found this at Dollar General earlier and picked it up. Keoma sounds bonkers in a good way and I love Lee Van Cleef.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looking forward to seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead a supplement/hack it’s now going to be a fully fleshed out alternate version of Continual Light.

      Delete