Monday, June 4, 2018

Vigilante City Kickstarter Coming Soon (But Not Soon Enough)

From the publisher:

Vigilante City is part of the SURVIVE THIS!! Game series by Bloat Games which includes Dark Places & Demogorgons and Zombies! 2nd Edition.
The SURVIVE THIS!! games are a mix of White Box D&D meets 5e. Definitely flavored with OSR.
Vigilante City is my love letter to Batman: The Animated Series, and the X-men, Spider-man and TMNT cartoons of the 1990s.
Bloat Games hasn't released a bad game yet and I have extremely high expectations for this one. The Kickstarter goes live June 26. To stay in the info loop by following the Facebook event here.



4 comments:

  1. Depending on the buy-in cost for a print edition I think I'll be in on this. I liked the original and am interested to see how its been upgraded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand there are a few changes here. First of all the Vigilante Hack works off of the stripped down Black Hack rule set. This is a combination of white box D&D and 5e. The second big change I've picked up is the tone of this one. While the Vigilante Hack was gritty, this one is emulating 90's vigilante based cartoons (like Batman: The Animated Series and TMNT). I know some of the classes don't have powered but from watching one of the videos about the project there are some powered characters too (like Super Soldiers and Anthropomorphic Animals).

      Delete