Monday, July 16, 2018

Thoughts on the Twin Cities (Light and Vigilante)


No new gaming content in this one either. I promise more will come soon. I just felt like talking about some stuff on my mind and mention future plans.

Some folks may have noticed that I've not been making as much Light City content recently. I love it it but I feel like it's gone as far as I can take it for now. The reason I created my oddball classes and adversary books is because Jonathan is working on the core iconic classes. He's much busier with real life than I am and they're taking a bit. Light City is his baby though and I wouldn't feel right doing them myself, so until they get finished, I think I'm hanging up my LC cape for now.

That being said. I still have supers on the brain.  If you're a regular reader you know I've become a big fan of Bloat Games SURVIVE THIS!! line. With the upcoming release of SURVIVE THIS!! Vigilante City that fandom is only growing. Vigilante City is going to open to third party publishers, so of course I'm going to make content for it. I definitely want to make a Vigilante City zine. I've already contacted a few folks I know that are gamers and comic book fans. They all seem to be on board. Also, my buddy Dave has agreed to do some art for it. That's not all though. I have a few classes in mind and if they're not something similar to them in the core book (which has 21 classes at this point, btw), then I'll make them. This blog was originally created to be a place for me to post my own supers setting for Mutants & Masterminds. That's why the url is Punverse. Who knows? Maybe, I could do a full setting? I also like the idea I was doing with Light City of taking public domain stuff and turning it into gaming material. A pulp/golden age sourcebook for Vigilante City would be cool. After all, Batman: The Animated Series had the Gray Ghost. Oh yeah, I also have these bad boys. There's all sort of fun stuff that could come from it.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a wise course of action, and I, for one, can't wait to see what you bring to the VC table.

    I have it in the back of my head that Jonathan is toying with a complete reworking of the Light City rules anyway, in much the same way as Eric transformed the Vigilante Hack into Vigilante City. In which case, it makes sense to hold off to doing anything more for LC, anyway.

    ReplyDelete