Monday, October 29, 2018

Music Monday - I Am Thor (2015)


Synopsis: This documentary follows the background and origins of singer/body builder Thor, his rise to fame, his fall, and his subsequent work at a career comeback. 

The Good: The documentary is really entertaining. It has some cool archive footage. If you want a larger than life underdog story, this is a great one. It paints Thor as a really cool dude.

The Bad: Like most documentaries, this one is definitely not impartial. That always makes me doubt the validity of things said. 

Final Thoughts: I'm going to be honest, before seeing the previews for this on my Deathgasm blu-ray, I only very vaguely remembered Thor. The trailer looked interesting though and I wanted to check it out. At this point, I don't think his music is great, but I appreciate the showmanship and it's fun stuff. 

In Your Game:
Jon Mikl Thor is going to be a part of my Vigilante City setting. He still going to be more indie, but I think he's definitely got a cult following with the rise of vigilantes and mega-humans. I think Erik Thorson will have an interesting relationship with him. I kicked around with a few ideas about what class he'd be, but since he sees himself as a performer before other things, I created him using the Performer class from Player Options & GM Guide

Jon Mikl Thor
Class/Level: Performer 5

Str: 18 (+3)
Int: 10 
Wis: 11
Dex: 8 (-1) 
Con: 14 (+1) 
Cha: 17 (+2)
Sur: 11

Courage: 13
Critical: 15
Death:  17
Mental: 12
Magic: 13 (only needed for Vigilante City)
Poison: 17

Languages: English

AC: 11 (Leather Coat, Dexterity)
HP: 35
Move: 12

Attack Bonus:
Warhammer +4, 1d6+4 damage

Skills: 12
Art & Music 2 (+9/+10 if performing)
Athletics: Basic  2 (+5/+1)
Combat Training 3
Fighting: Wrestling 1
Intimidation 2 (+4)

Abilities:
Toughness +2 (leather coat, Fighting: Wrestling 1)
+2 to Grab attacks
Golden Aura: all friendly characters within 60' get +3 to AC and Saving Throws, if attacked attacker must make a mental saving throw (adding +2 to their roll) or attack another target if possible
Showstopper: Make a DC 15 Art & Music, Dancing, or Theater check to give all allies within 60' +1 to AC, +1d6 HP, +1 to hit, +1 on skill checks, and +1 to saving throws for 1 hour (does not stack with repeated uses)

Equipment: stage costume, warhammer


1 comment:

  1. Had never heard of him until this post. Looks cool, though...

    ReplyDelete