Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Never Going Home


I wanted to let everyone know about a cool looking Kickstarter that Wet Ink Games is launching next week. Never Going Home is a military horror rpg based on the art from World War Occult by Charles Ferguson-Avery. During World War I both sides scrambled to gain the upper hold on the others and someone cracked the borders between reality, letting Cthulhu-esque creatures into our world. Characters will dive into the trenches of WWI to take on eldritch horrors.

I spoke with the author and he let me a know about the game's features:

  • character creation takes about 5 minutes
  • simple dice mechanics are used for skill resolution (up to 5d6 at a time)
  • narrative storytelling guided by a standard deck of playing cards

I think this looks and sounds phenomenal. I can't wait to grab my gas mask, gun, and Elder Sign and dive into the trenches. Make sure to check out Never Going Home when it launches on October 30.


No comments:

Post a Comment