Saturday, November 10, 2018

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Synopsis: Three years after the destruction of Jurassic World, Claire and Owen return to the island (which now has an active volcano) to save the dinosaurs from a second extinction. Soon the find themselves caught up in a conspiracy that will change the world forever.

The Good: As much as I want to dislike Chris Pratt's smugness, Owen is a likable character. It was nice to see his early relationship with Blue (who's my favorite character in the Jurassic World series). The movie is a lot of fun. The dinosaurs look great. The movie also packs a nice emotional punch, in relation to Owen and Blue and the destruction of the island.

The Bad: This isn't an Oscar movie and honestly I feel like the franchise ran it's course years ago. 

Final Thoughts: While I don't think it was amazing, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I really didn't have much desire to watch it, but it was fun. 

In Your Game:

Blue

Armor Class: 14               Attack Damage: Claw 1d6, Bite 1d6+1

Hit Dice: 5                         Special: Stealth, Hunter, Rend

Move: 15                           Bonus: +4 to Hit, Toughness +2,  +1 Damage

Attack: 2 per round           HDE: 5



Blue is extremely stealthy and gains a +4 to all action rolls involving avoiding detection. In addition, she's an excellent hunter and gains a +2 bonus and advantage on all rolls to track prey. If Blue hits the same target with two claw attacks in the same round she can make a bite attack.

This movie (and the franchise) made me think it might be fun to do a mini setting book for Vigilante City and call it Dinosaur City. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment