Tuesday, May 21, 2019

All Hallows' Eve (2012)

Synopsis: In this horror anthology, babysitter, Sarah, and the kids she's looking after decide to watch a strange video tape found in one of the trick-or-treat bags. The tape features three stories which are all connected by the presence of the horrific Art the Clown. The first involves a woman kidnapped and subjected to demonic birth rites, the second involves alien home invaders, and the final features Art stalking a college student. 

The Good: The robed monsters in the first feature look like a great mashup of Full Moon Features vampires and Creepypasta. The alien segment was creepy. I think the final segment is the strongest. It really felt like a throwback slasher.

The Bad: While I enjoyed them, the clips kind of frustrated me too. I'm used to slasher victims making stupid choices and dying for them. However, if they do actually make some good ones, I like them to be rewarded. While not everything done by the characters in the film is great, there are some definite smart moves that don't play out. The film doesn't have a high budget and the costumes kind of show that.

Final Thoughts: Like many recent flicks I've watched, I checked this one out because it was on Tubi. I also watched it because I watched Art the Clown's solo film, Terrifier, last Halloween. I enjoyed All Hallows' Eve, but unlike some horror anthologies I don't see myself watching this one again.

In Your Game:

Art is some sort of supernatural creature, though I don't know what kind. Since, I've been doing old school World of Darkness posts, to go with something strange. My version of Art is an independent Baali ghoul. He doesn't have a direct vampiric master and serves darker, infernal masters that make sure he's supplied with vitae.
Art the Clown
Attribute: Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 5, Charisma 1, Manipulation 1, Appearance 1, Perception 5, Intelligence 3, Wits 4
Health Levels: OK, OK, OK, -1, -1, -2, -2, -5, Incapacitated
Attack: Bladed Lash - 8 dice, Difficulty 6 (Str+3 damage),  Glock 17 - 7 dice, (5 damage)
Abilities: Brawl 3, Firearms 4, Melee 5, Stealth 5
Disciplines: Celerity 1, Daimoinon 2, Fortitude 2, Obfuscate 2, Potence 2
Blood Pool:
Willpower: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment