Monday, June 10, 2019

Brassman's Adventure Club - May 2019

I feel I should start by saying I was given a review copy of this month's DM's Toybox tier of Brassman Foundry's Adventure Club subscription service. I also would like to point out I tried recording and uploading an unboxing video on YouTube and after multiple attempts I got frustrated and decided to just take some pictures...


The box itself is sturdy cardboard and should protect the contents while in transit and give you a place to store everything.

The primary focus of the adventure box is an adventure booklet and DM tool booklet. This month has a yaun-ti focused jungle excursion (which is designed to be played in 3-6 sessions) and a booklet 10 short encounters that should take about two hours each. 

The box also includes three maps. The particular one has a regional map, as well as temple dungeon and town mpa.

These encounter cards sum up several encounters from both books nicely. Definitely a useful tool.

These acrylic miniatures are fantastic! They look really cool and give you the main foes you need for the adventure book. I wish the bases were different sizes, but otherwise they're perfect. 

These coasters are really cool. They have all of the 5e conditions. Instead of having to jump the index of the PHB to know what grappled does, you can just look under your drink.

Several d6's from Skullsplitter were included. 

Finally this is probably my favorite addition included in the box. These buttons are basically D&D merit badges that are tied to the adventure. I think this is a cool way to make sessions more memorable. It honestly makes me want to get a button maker and start doing these with my regular games.

Okay, so at this point you're probably wondering how much this service is going to cost  you. Well if you go for the top tier DM's Toybox, which is what I've shared with you in this post its going to cost you 36 dollars a month. I really this box and have decided to subscribe myself. If you don't want to jump in at that amount, there are several different levels including one that's only six bucks and gives you pdfs of the two books featured in the box. Check out the Adventure Club today and consider subscribing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment