Saturday, June 29, 2019

Saw Week - Jigsaw (2017)

Synopsis: Several years after Jigsaw's death, the games begin again. How can this happen? Medical examiner Nelson Logan and his detective friend, Keith Hunt intend to find out.

The Good: I enjoyed the way the games and players were linked in this film. It also did an excellent job of distorting the timeline. Until the reveal at the end, I really wasn't sure how things were happening the way there were. This movie also showed us a more caring and forgiving side of John Kramer, which I really appreciated.

The Bad: While I like Logan's phrase, "I speak for the dead," it's not as cool as "Game over."

Final Thoughts: While I'm disappointed the good doctor wasn't brought back for this one, it was an interesting end. The new Jigsaw seems more like a dark vigilante and I think that'd be a cool angle to take the film. Chris Rock is involved in a reboot and I'm curious to see if it will continue these stories are ignore them all.

In Your Game: 

Nelson Logan
Armor Class: 13
Hit Dice: 7
Move: 12
Actions: 1
Attack: By Weapon
Special: Advantage on all Saving Throws
Bonuses: +5 to Attack rolls, +3 to Damage +2 to all Saving Throws, +4 to Demolitions, +8 to First Aid, +6 to Investigation, +4 to Stealth, +6 to Subterfuge
Morale: 10
HDE: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment