Monday, March 23, 2020

Plan Z (2016)


Plot
To save himself from a virus that reanimated the dead, a photographer creates and follows a plan to survive. However, as the pandemic unfolds, he finds that there is more to life than surviving.

Review
This is another horror flick on Tubi recommended by my friend. The film was written, directed, and stars Stuart Brennan. The man does an amazing job of juggling all those hats and making an engaging zombie flick. This really is quite impressive, considering how bloated the genre is. However, Brennan manages to make not only an entertaining, but also a very engaging ghoul flick. There are several time jumps and flashbacks in the movie and they do an excellent job of keeping the film fresh, while also contrasting events and providing exposition for character growth. There aren’t many characters, but they play well off each other and I’ll be honest, some of them surprised me (in a good way).

I did find a few sequences involving music with vocals to be a bit jarring, but they didn’t make me enjoy the film less. They just seemed off to me. That aside, I though this was an amazing zombie film and really nice for anyone looking for something different in the genre. My only regrets is that I didn’t get to watch this in black and white, like my friend did.

Gaming Material
I decided to stat up the zombies for me free slasher rpg, Slashers & Survivors

Plan Z Zombies
HP: 10
Evade: 9
Armor Points: 0
Bonus: +2 to Attack, +0 to Damage
Attack: Bite (1d4 Damage)
Special Traits: Bitten foes must makes (CM+CON vs DC 15) or become infected (dying an re-animating in 1d10 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment