Sunday, April 12, 2020

J is for Jason Voorhees

For the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge this year I’m going to be looking at slashers and other horror character and statting them out for my free rpg, Slashers & Survivors.

While I love Freddy, Jason is my favorite iconic slasher. While I concede the Freddy is more interesting, charismatic, and has the crazier stories, I like Jason’s flicks better because they have a solid formula. Something gets Jason’s attention. He kills people. He somehow gets defeated. There are no complex plots. You can watch a Friday the 13th movie and zone out. I’m okay with that. While I could stat the various versions of Jason, for this post I’m going to go with one based on Freddy vs. Jason (though still with the strength to punch a dude’s head off).


Jason Voorhees, Reanimated Killing Machine
HP: 80
Evade: 10
Armor Points: 0
Bonus: +3 to Attack, +5 to Damage
Attack: By weapon 
Special Traits: One Last Scare (When reduced to 0 HP Jason will appear dead, however when least expected he will spring to life and make one last attack at the nearest person), Sequel (Jason NEVER stays dead)
M/O: Kill for Mommy!
Weakness: Though he isn’t technically living in the traditional Jason can be affected by large doses of sedatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment