Sunday, July 5, 2020

Champions of VCW - Jimmy King

Once again, I'm playing around with wrestling based content for Vigilante City. I still want to release a wrestling supplement for the game. To get some practice, I'm going to stat some fictional wrestlers (which sounds silly because all wrestlers are part fiction). 

I'm going to start with Oliver Platt's champion from 2000's Ready to Rumble. I will admit that despite my love of wrestling, I watched this film for the first time last week. It's not a good movie and honestly it makes fun of the people that would actually like it (wrestling fans). It was cheesy as Hell, had too much literal potty humor, and too many homophobic jokes. All of that being said, I still liked the movie. It was a nice time capsule of wrestling when I was really growing into a fan. It's not aged well, but it gave me a nostalgic smile.

Jimmy "the King" King
Armor Class: 12/13 (when wearing title)
Hit Dice: 4
Move: 12
Attack Damage: Unarmed (1d4+1) or Scepter (1d6+2) or WCW Championship Title (1d6)
Special: Outsmart +1 (1/day), Allies gain +1 to Melee Attacks while in 30' of King
Bonuses: +2 to Melee Attacks, + 3 to Climb checks
Grab: +4 (14)
Morale: 5
Terror: -
HDE: 4
Equipment: Crown, WCW Championship Title, Ring Gear, King's Scepter

-------------
Grab is a new addition to the stat blocks for wrestling related characters. The first number is the character's modifier if they are attempting to grab. The second number is the DC for someone trying to resist the character's grab.

2 comments:

  1. Now that that's out of my system...I think this is a cool project! Wrestling is way up there on the list of genres I've never played in an RPG, but would love to. (I hope you'll think about statting up the characters from the old Pro Wrestling game for the NES, btw...!)

    ReplyDelete