Rabid Dogs is a zine for Dungeon Crawl Classics. The zine includes 5 new articles for DCC. Here's what we're given:
- I Hate Work - This is a new starting occupation chart. Because Rabid Dogs changes the race as class dynamic and adds dogs as a class (which is technically a race as class), their needed to be a new chart for funnel adventures. This entry also includes a race table.
- Equal People - Features are extracted from the racial classes and turned into classic racial traits, rather than class features. We're give featureso for dwarf, elf, and halfling. We're also given stats for half-dwarves, half-elves, and half-halflings (quarterlings?).
- I'm An Outsider - We're introduced to the Outlier. This is basically the ranger class, though less heroic than the classes origin. It's a wilderness warrior.
- I Wanna Be Your Dog - This is the reason I backed the zine when it was on Kickstarter. DCC 0-level characters have the potential to start with canine companions and they might survive when the character doesn't. This lets those survivors level up like anyone else. The class is fun and like other DCC classes, your alignment affects your progression.
- Road to Ruin - This entry gives us two roadside encounters: The Hungry Child and Halo of Flies. Both provide some great and memorable opportunities for your character.
DCC players should definitely pick this one up. Even if you don't want to take away the traditional racial classes, the outlier and dog classes are wonderful additions to the game. If you want to listen to the music that inspired the zine, check out the Breaker Press YouTube Channel. You can get a copy of the zine here.