Monday, October 11, 2021

October Horror Movie Challenge - Malignant (2021)

 

Plot
Madison is a woman with a troubled past and an abusive husband. After a violent encounter, he is killed and Madison starts seeing visions of strangers being killed. Soon she learns that she has a connection to this unknown killer.

Review
I really like James Wan, but I don't know what the Hell I watched. I've read that this is tribute to giallo flicks, but other than some of the cinematography and use of music, I don't see that. I wasn't bored and there are certainly some striking visuals, but the movie just doesn't make much sense. I'm not going to totally right it off though. I think this is one that folks should definitely watch and form their own opinions. 

In Your Game

Gabriel would make a great assassin/murdered for a Vigilante City game. His movement and combat style make him hard to hit. It reminds me of Voldo from Soul Calibur. 

Gabriel
Armor Class: 15
Hit Dice/Points: 6
Move: 12 
Actions: 2
Attack: By Weapon
Bonuses: +3 to hit, +4 to stealth, +4 to damage
Special: Toughness 2, attacks made against Gabriel are made with disadvantage, telepathy, electronics control (can communicate via electronics and cause them to explode)
Morale: 10
Terror: 13
HDE: 7

Movie Count
New To Me: 8
Total Movies: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment