Sunday, August 14, 2022

#RPGaDay2022 Suggest A New RPG To Try


Like Tim, I don’t like tagging folks. It feels pushy. I also agree that folks should give Mork Borg a go.

However for my recommendation I’m going with Dark Places & Demogorgons. It’s a fun, old school game that lets you bring your favorite teen/kid 80’s movie to life. While the game is obviously set up for stuff like Stranger Things and Lost Boys, you could just as easily divorce it from supernatural and just play an 80’s high school drama series. Of the campaigns I’ve ran in the past 5 or so years, it was definitely the most fun. 

The other great thing about the game is that the publisher, Bloat Games is fantastic. Eric Bloat is one of the nicest gents I’ve ever met. 

Finally if you don’t have the urge to play a kids/teen game you can check out We Die Young and What Shadows Hide. Both of these games are spiritual sequels to DP&D and more grown-up if that’s what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment