Monday, February 7, 2011

Mutants and Masterminds 3E - I'm Lovin' It

So not that I think it's a perfect system, but I'm in love with DC Adventures/Mutants and Masterminds 3E. While I'm sad that there aren't more books in print yet, I love Green Ronin's pdf releases for the game so far.

Every wednesday (new comic book day), GR has been releasing a new villain pdf for .99. The pdf's are broken down as one page that looks like an AEGIS report about the character, two pages of background, description, and stat block, and one page of legal stuff. While it would be nice to have a physical book with a bunch of villain write-ups, I really like this approach. It means that every week I have a new M&M product to look forward to.

In addition they will be releasing a monthly adventure path style pdf. These are going to be around 24 pages for 3.99. The exception is that the first month (which is supposed to come out at the end of the month) will be a bit smaller. However, this is becaus they released the prologue for free. I ran a couple of Saturdays ago and my group had a blast. I highly recommend checking it out.

Finally GR has released ten free pre-made characters (background and all) for M&M3E. The characters, The Sentinels, are a pre-made team and each character even comes with a villain option (so if worse comes to worse GR gave us 10 free villains).

In other 3E news, I've picked up Vigilance Press's first 3E release, The Eugenics Brigade. It's a pretty neat collection of super Nazis (and I mean who couldn't use more super nazis). I've also picked up the Hero Machine pack for 3E. I'll admit that I'm more of a story telling/ having fun kind of guy and stat blocks and crunch aren't my thing. That's why I LOVE this product. It makes character creation a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment