Friday, April 26, 2013

V is for Vampire: The Requiem

Vampire (whether it be "The Masquerade" or "The Requiem") has been the flagship game of the World of Darkness. Whereas, the The Masquerade focused on vampire society as a whole, Vampire: The Requiem is a game of personal horror. While there are various sects (and they're quite interesting), the overall focus is on the characters, not society. Instead of global metaplots, the game focus on the Machiavellian plots of the characters in their home city. Some people hate the lack of metaplot, personally while they were cool, I like the blank slate approach.

Unlike the numerous clans of the previous game, Vampire: The Requiem only has 5 main clans (although two others are presented in other books). However, there are numerous bloodlines, so it’s very easy to make you nosferatu different from the next.

My major complaint about this game is that I haven’t really got to play it much. I have several books and I love what I’ve read, but I’ve yet to get a good group together to run and/or play it.
 
Below is the “intro” video that White Wolf released when the game was released. It gives a good summary I think.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't get to play V:tR very much. I enjoyed V:tM though.

    One day...

    ReplyDelete