Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for Werewolf: The Forsaken

Werewolf: The Forsaken is a strange beast (pun inteded). I was a huge fan of Werewolf: The Apocalypse, it's predecessor. In the original werewolf game it was easy. Werewolves had to fight a losing battle to defend the Gaia from the Wyrm (corruption) and the Weaver (civilization). Werewolf: The Forsaken, like the other new World of Darkness, games loses the metaplot.

In The Frosaken werewolves are charged with policing and patrolling the spirit and physical world. This led some of them into conflict with Father Wolf, whom they had to slay. This earned them the enmity of much of the spirit world and of their brethren, the Pure, and branded them the Forsaken.

I have had the core rulebook for a while, but I've never played this game. From what I understand, it centers on a pack and their mission to establish and maintain a territory. I think this is why I have some problems with the game (despite the fact it seems like a lot of fun). I knew what to do with The Apocalypse, I'm still unsure about The Forsaken.


No comments:

Post a Comment