Thursday, March 13, 2014

March (Kickstarter) Madness

Screw a substantial post with lots of great content for my 300th post, that's not my style (please note the tongue planted firmly in cheek).

So there are two kickstarters that have caught my eye in the past two days and that I've backed.

The first is Dwarven Forge's Caverns. The project was backed in less than five minutes. I've been wanting some of the "dwarvenite" terrain. My friend Wirty and I split one of the 5 Unpainted Dungeon Grey sets. He's paying for 3 and I'm getting 2. At 65 dollars a set and free shipping, sounds like a nice deal to me. I may get another set or two. I know they won't come out til later this year, but I'm really excited.


The other kickstarter that I'm psyched about Lusus Naturae: A Gruesome Old-School Bestiary by Rafael Chandler. I pledged 35 bucks (I want a digital and print copy). The book will use Lamentations of the Flame Princess rules and is being billed as the spiritual successor to the Teratic Tome. If you aren't familiar with the Teratic Tome, you should check it out. It's a dark, disturbing monster manual that fucked up in all the right ways.  The monsters mentioned of Lusus Naturae (Freaks of Nature) sound great.


No comments:

Post a Comment