Friday, September 26, 2014

Dungeons and Dragons and Halloween

Zombies Playing D&D by Mandi Tremblay

Alright boils and ghouls, I need your help. I'm taking a vacation from work October 24-28 and I'm thinking about heading back home for part of that time. I'd really like to do a Halloween appropriate adventure for my old gaming crew. We rarely get to play and I really look forward to our sessions (even if they're one shots).

I plan on using 5th edition and I'll be making pre-mades for whatever game I run. Converting from another edition (or OSR clone) shouldn't be hard. So far my thoughts are either:


Ravenloft is lower level, classic horror, and more manageable,. The Hanging Coffins of the Vampire Queen is high level, campy horror, and over the top. I think my players would really enjoy either. I'm a bit concerned with time. I want something that we can run through in one day. I'm not sure about Ravenloft, but Vampire Queen seems like it could take a bit to get through (or not if the player's get killed off).

What say you good readers? Hell, I'd like to hear from you neutral and evil readers too. I don't discriminate. Which of these two adventures should I run? Do you have another suggestion that would be great?

No comments:

Post a Comment