Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge - Dread (2009)



Synopsis: Three college students set out to document what other people dread the most. One of the trio decides to take the study to the next level.


The Good: I really enjoyed this movie. The plot is interesting and just the right ammount of fucked up for my tastes. Also, I know his big movies were the Twilight franchise but I like Jackson Rathbone. He's a pretty good actor and really handsome.

The Bad:  This movie is really twisted and topics such as rape and cannibalism come up.

Final Thoughts: I've not read the original Barker story, so I can't tell you how faithful of an adaptation this is.

In Your Game: Fear is a great tool to use in games. Try to find out what the characters in your game fear. Even better, try using what your players fear (though don't do this to the point they get turned off from the game). For example, several of my friends are frightened of spiders so I like to include them in adventures.

New To Me Movies Watched: 16
Total Movies Watched: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment