Friday, January 23, 2015

DCC? Sounds Good to Me.


Two weeks ago I picked up three new Dungeon Crawl Classics adventures from Dungeon Dwellers in Portsmouth, Ohio.


DCC #81: The One Who Watches Below is the winner of Goodman Games 2012 Mystery Dungeon contest. It's a 1st level adventure that involves mystical eyeballs, curses, and a confrontation with an ancient power. This adventure is one of the most creative I've read in a long time.

DCC # 78: Fate's Fell Hand is another really creative 2nd level adventure. The characters are sucked into a pocket plane and forced to take part in a magical duel between three archmages. There's a fun tarot vibe to the adventure.

DCC #71: The 13th Skull is a 4th level adventure written by the big guy himself, Joseph Goodman. It's a classic adventure that probably doesn't have a happy ending. There's also a 2nd level one shot. I particularly liked the one shot because it has succubus stats.

The last DCC thing I wanted to mention is I've found a perfect mini for the Chained Coffin. DCC adventures don't need minis, but I thought it'd be fun to use them in a few instances. The Deathgrasp Sarcophogus from Demonweb D&D miniatures set is perfect.

Maybe one of these days I'll get to run some DCC. I've thought about posting something on the game boards at a few local shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment