Thursday, October 29, 2015

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Houses October Built (2014)


Synopsis: Five friends travel America to find the most extreme haunted house attraction. This brings them into contact with a deranged group with plans of their own.

The Good: A lot of this movie was shot at real haunted house attractions. The movie opens with a commercial for Camden Park, which is a theme park I went to a lot as a child.

The Bad: I didn't care for any of the characters. I don't know. I like the premise of the movie overall, but in the end I just couldn't get into it.

Final Thoughts: Though I tend to hate twist endings I think this movie would have been much better with one. I think the scares being actually part of a performance would have been more satisfying then everyone getting killed or buried alive.

In Your Game: There is some cool imagery and such, but I don't know that there's much here for your game.

New To Me Movies Watched: 22.5
Total Movies Watched: 31

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment