Friday, April 15, 2016

The Gunslinger Fighter Archetype For 5E

I've said it before, but I really like "celebrity DM" Matt Mercer. Critical Role is an entertaining series and I've talked about my love for his Blood Hunter (formerly Witch Hunter, now with the Order of the Lycan) class a few times. Matt has also released a pay-what-you-want Gunslinger Martial Archetype for Fighters.

Okay, I know, many people don't like guns with their D&D. I understand that and there was a time I was absolutely opposed to the idea. My stance isn't that strong anymore. While I don't like them to be common, I've seen how much fun a lone gunslinger can be to a Pathfinder game. Matt's Gunslinger archetype definitely draws on that class. Essentially this fighter archetype grants characters proficiency in firearms and grit, which is a resource that can be spent to have a better chance to hit, inflict more damage, or do trickshots and things of that nature. It also includes a firearms weapon chart.

The class looks like a lot of fun for firearm friendly games. The Gunslinger, Blood Hunter, and Order of the Lycan are all self-contained and can be used alongside the Basic rules set if you don't have the Player's Handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment