Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ash Wednesday - Old Coot Quality

I rewatched Bubba Ho-Tep last night. It's such a bizarre but wonderful flick. The film is actually a sad, but interesting look at how the elderly are treated in America.

I've statted the King out before, but I think I'll revisit him in my next post. First I want to make a quality for those wanting to do something different and play a retiree. I'm not trying to be offensive with the name, but it sounds like something Ash would call an older person.

Elvis and JFK
Old Coot Quality (1 pt. quality) 

You're an old fart, a geezer, or a coot. You've lived a long life and seen a lot. This has given you years of experience, a wealth of knowledge, and a desire to keep young punks off your lawn.

You're a stubborn old timer and gain a +2 to you Will. In addition you get 5 extra skill points. On the downside you're not as spry as you used to be and you get a -1 to your Dexterity. Also, folks seem to overlook you and you gain the Minority (Elderly) background.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bubba Ho-tep. Hilarious movie. Bruce Campbell is fantastic.

    I have always wanted to play an old farmer who turns from the agricultural god he has worshiped all his life to a god of revenge or war when a vile noble kills his grandson and takes the young man's wife off to his lands far away. The old farmer must learn a whole new way of life to hunt down the noble and save his dead son's wife. Thought it would be interesting to play out how he and the gods reconcile his change of faith.

    ReplyDelete