I'm in the process of writing my first rpg supplement. While I was originally going to do a nephil class for Swords & Wizardry, the plan has changed. This is what I'm thinking now.
- Nephil race - large humanoids descended from angels and humans. They are considered a corruption of the divine plan by the gods of law and their servants. I was inspired by The Engine of Oracles classic angel/demon/nephilim posts.
- Monster/NPC Stats
- Nephil - "standard" representative of the nephilim
- Nephil Blackheart - angered at his people's treatment by the gods of law and their servants, this nephil has made it his mission to battle paladins and clerics of law
- Visionary - solitary nephil with oracle abilities
- Ogrilim - an ogre/degenerate nephilim half-breed
I received some great feedback on this post and from my friends. The racial background and stats are done (other than a bit of editing). I'm working on the monster stats now. I hope to have this finished in the next week or two. After that I plan on uploading it to OneBookShelf.
If all goes well, my next project will be a nephil racial class for B/X, Labyrinth Lord, and other Basic Era style games. I think the Year of the Nephilim is off to a pretty good start.