Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Blood Drive: Episodes 4, 5, and 6

I spent the weekend at my parents' house so I was able to catch up on Blood Drive. While I'm keeping plot and stuff to a minimum there are still spoilers.

Episode 4: In The Crimson Halls of Kane Hill

This episode sees our protagonists (I can't say heroes right, they aren't heroes) circumventing Slink's exploding head device to make a detour to Kane Hill to find Grace's sister, Karma. This episode is full of great imagery. It was also cool to see what drove Grace to join the Blood Drive. While I didn't care to see Christopher tortured and all, it was worth it because AKI is so damn cute.

Also, Slink looked perfect as a DJ.

Red Haze - Treat this as a 4 or 5 point addiction.

Smax Cravings - Treat this as a 6 point addiction. I'm just saying any addiction that would make you kill and canablize someone is a pretty strong addiction.



Episode 5: The F...ing Dead

This episode was really funny. The focus of the episode is a sex related disease called the Dionysus Strain. Essentially it makes you really horny, then it gives you florescent blue bodily fluids (bluege), and then it makes you fuck to death/cannibalize your sex partner. This disease is passed by twins with incestuous feeling that are seeking revenge on Slink (man does that dude get around). To me Arthur really was the highlight of this episode. He looked great in Slink's stage close and watching him fight and give in to the mayhem was awesome. Also, after he got infected with the Dionysus Strain he was really funny. I loved that he had to get hit in the balls to gain focus (and that he apologized to his boys when he had to do it to himself).

I don't really know that this episode gave us any new stuff for cinematic unisystem. Use generic crazies/thug/mook stats for those in the last stage of the disease.


Episode 6: Booby Traps

This episode featured a barbarian horde, yes you heard me right a barbarian horde. At least that's what Grace and Arthur refer to motorcycle/four-wheeler riding amazons that attack them. The amazons are pretty stereotypical (but it's grindhouse so you expect that). The captured men were even worse (but at the same time remind me of a bunch of guys I know). Other thoughts:


  • I'm not sure I buy Caroline's big reveal. 
  •  It was nice to see Cliff and Domi get the spotlight again. They are my favourite murderous married couple.
  • I wasn't impressed by the main with the pink nail polish. I was expecting something more grandiose. 
  • Arthur's had a good question, "Why are hot girls always so mean?"

Here are some quick stats for the amazons.

Name: Amazon
Motivation: Sisterhood
Critter Type: Human
Attributes: Str 3, Dex 4, Con 2, Int 2, Per 3, Will 3
Ability Scores: Muscle 12, Combat 15, Brains 14
Life Points: 30 Drama Points: 5
Special Abilities: Attractive +3, Natural Toughness, Humorless
                         
       Maneuvers
Name                   Score   Damage               Notes
Dodge                   15         -
Club                      15         8                    Bash


No comments:

Post a Comment