Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House (2016)


Synopsis: A live-in nurse is hired to take care of an elderly horror author. Soon she begins to suspect the house she's staying in is haunted.

The Good: The beginning monologue and shot is interesting. Ruth Wilson plays a great scaredy-cat nurse. I also enjoyed the imagery and sets.

The Bad: This movie is rather slow and doesn't have many scares. While I'm not saying I didn't like it, it's very tame.

Final Thoughts: This movie played out like a novel. Honestly I think I would have enjoyed reading it more than I did watching it. It's a nice little ghost tale though and if you like those sorts of things, check it out.

In Your Game: I don't know that this has much to add to your game.

New To Me Movies Watched: 15
Total Movies Watched: 21


No comments:

Post a Comment