Monday, October 9, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - Raw (2016)


Synopsis: Justine is a young vegetarian forced to eat meat her first week of veterinary school. Soon she finds herself hungry for flesh (in more ways than one).

The Good: This movie is phenomenal. The entire cast is amazing and the director, Julia Ducournau has made a masterpiece, in my opinion. No one does cinema quite like the French. Also, this movie has a hell of a soundtrack. One of my favourite scenes involves a mirror and has the track "Plus Pute Que Toute Les Putes" by the rap duo Orties. In case you're wondering the title translates to "Bitchier Than Any Bitches" and the song has my new favourite lyric, "Fuck 69. Give me 666."

The Bad: It's weird, I'm a gorehound, but there's a scene that involves eating a finger and it made me gag a little bit. That's not to say that this is bad, but those with weak stomachs might not be able to handle this one.

Final Thoughts: This is probably my favourite coming of age movie since Ginger Snaps. It's an engaging, well told story. As of this post it's on Netflix in the States. 

In Your Game: This is one of those it's too good to game flicks. In a modern horror game you could do something with with the desire of flesh thing, I suppose.

New To Me Movies Watched: 14
Total Movies Watched: 20


No comments:

Post a Comment