Thursday, October 5, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - Night of the Lepus (1972)


Synopsis: When rabbits create chaos in the southwest a rancher seeks out a scientist to humanely take care of the situation. Unfortunately one of the scientist's test subjects escapes and starts breeding with the local population, increasing their size and making them carnivorous. 

The Good: There are several names I recognize, but honestly the one actor that stands out to me among the cast is DeForest Kelley, who play Elgin.

The Bad: The premise is silly, the acting is off, the directing is bad, and the special effects are just blah. They tried really hard to make bunnies scary, but they didn't try hard enough. Also, I'm still trying to figure out why the cops are so meh about finding dismembered corpses of families. Sure they show some concern, but I think there should be a lot more freaking out.

Final Thoughts: Despite how bad the movie is, I still have a soft spot for it. I think I need to pick up the Rifftrax for it.

In Your Game: 

Giant Mutant Carnivorous Bunny

AC 7 [12]      HD: 3    Attacks: Bite (1d6+2)  Move: 15

New To Me Movies Watched: 10
Total Movies Watched: 13


2 comments:

  1. Love this film! The effects are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. film came out around the same time as "Food of the Gods"... a very poor quality film we had no idea what a "Lepus" was... (my parents were very disappointed about this one) Well the Poster made it look like a good movie..

    ReplyDelete