Thursday, October 5, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - Razorback (1984)


Synopsis: When his wife goes missing while doing a story in Australia, her husband heads to the outback. He gets help from a boar hunter who's life was ruined by the cause of the disappearance, a giant aggressive boar.

The Good: The director has done a great job turning the outback into a blasted wasteland of nightmare fuel. Seriously, most the shots in this film are gorgeous, despite their bleak nature. I really liked the hunter, played by Bill Kerr. Finally, the razorback itself looks pretty cool. I really miss the day of practical effects and puppetry.

The Bad: The plot isn't super original. I mean this film is basically Jaws in Australia with a boar. I know this is Ozploitation and isn't an accurate portrayal of Australia and I'm sure that will bug some folks.

Final Thoughts: After searching for a few years I finally have a region free copy of this. It was worth the wait. Not saying I think the movie was amazing, but I really enjoyed it. 

In Your Game: 
Razorback
AC 5 [14]      HD: 4+6    Attacks: Gore (2d6+2)  Move: 12 Special: When brought to 0 HP the razorback can make a saving throw. If the saving throw is successful, instead of dying it's HP total goes to 5.

New To Me Movies Watched: 11
Total Movies Watched: 14


No comments:

Post a Comment