Tuesday, August 28, 2018

My GenCon Haul

As I mentioned yesterday, Dave snagged some goodies for me at GenCon. They were waiting for me when I got home there were some extras. 


In addition to the 4 for 30 exclusive books, he snagged one of the catalogs, which features some great artwork. I'll review the books throughout the week but here's a breakdown of each with links to the pdfs (which are available in case you missed the print copies at GenCon and don't want to pay Noble Knights crazy prices. 


  • Going Through Forbidden Otherworlds - The party enters another world where reality is much different. Honestly of the four exclusives, this is the one I've not read yet, so I can't say much more.
  • Sounds of the Mushroom Kingdom - A fun monster/race guide in the vein of  Slügs!, though much grander in scope.
  • Obscene Serpent Religion 2 -  This supplement adventure is particularly mean and I love it. Introduce your party to a settlement, get them invested and connected to it, then fuck it up with a demon snake.
  • She Bleeds -  This supplement written for characters is a mix of Cthulhu mythos and witchcraft. It's my favorite of the four.




 Dave also surprised me with four DCC zines! Here's a rundown of each and where you can pick them up. Again, expect full reviews soon.



I also wanted to highlight this pic. In the CUABM issue Dave had a couple of contributors sign it. I don't know Anna, but we have several mutual friends, including Dave. The second signature is from Diogo, one of the coolest dudes in the OSR (and I'll fight via table top rpgs anyone that disagrees with that). We will roll dice together at GenCon next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment