Friday, November 9, 2018

Evil Dead (2013): Remake or Sequel?

Fans have wondered if 2013's Evil Dead was a remake or a sequel to the originals. Well according to the director, Fed Alvarez it's a sequel.

While Starz Ash vs. Evil Dead kind of mucks up continuity, I think this is really cool. Then again, the franchise has never been the biggest on continuity. For example, Bruce has said that Evil Dead 2 is a "requel" to the original film. While the great evil summoned by the book in 2013's isn't the same as the original films, I don't see why a book like that can't have rituals to summon multiple apocalyptic beings.


As for the gaming connection with this post remember that I've statted the protagonist, Mia, out for Dark Places & Demogorgons and the Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game (cinematic unisystem).

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you've reviewed Ash vs Evil Dead yet. I finally got caught up, finishing season 3 last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I think I need to. I have only seen the first season (and own it on Blu-ray), but I play on getting the others. I might even do short reviews for each episode.

      Delete