Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Merry Axemas Day 4 - Krampus (2015)


Synopsis: Longing for simpler holidays in his past and bothered by his family's dysfunctional squabbling, Max loses his Christmas spirit. This brings the wrath of the ancient creature Krampus.

The Good: This film has some great cast members and director. Michael Dougherty also directed Trick 'r' Treat. Adam Scott and David Koechner are funny always. Also, Toni Collete is my queen. Even in bad films, she just has a presence about her. Krampus and his minions look extremely creepy in this one. I really dug the ending too.

The Bad: The characters are a little two stereotypical in the beginning. Max's parents are the classic liberal, losing touch with themselves to keep their status and his aunt's family are the poor redneck conservatives. While there is growth, it's just a dichotomy that's been over done.

Final Thoughts: As much as I love Dugherty, the cast, and Krampus I didn't care for this flick the first time I watched it. I liked it much better my second viewing.

In Your Game: I don't need to do any more stats for Krampus but I figured I could stat some of his minions.

Krampus Gifts
Armor Class: 15         Attack Damage: Claw/Blade 1
Hit Dice: 2                  Special: Disguise
Move: 12                    Bonus: +1 to Hit, 
Attack: 1 per round    Terror: 10    HDE: 1                 

These malicious toys can appear totally harmless and inanimate when they aren't movie. However when they do their appearance becomes freakish. Their primary focus is to terrorize their master's victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment