Monday, February 25, 2019

Draugr & Draculas Kickstarter

Druagr & Draculas is a new Kickstarter by Joshua LH Burnett. It's a one-shot OSR zine about viking and vampires! If that doesn't excite you, we probably shouldn't be friends. Josh is doing all of the art and writing himself.  The physical copy will be 5.5" X 8.5" zine, staple-bound, and printed in black-and-white, just like the Zine Quest guidelines. This thing is going to have some great stuff.

  • Stats and details on Dracula, his servants, and his rival, Elizabeth Bathory!
  • Draugr information and a class
  • Rules for making a deal with the Devil!
  • Magic items of perilous power
  • Pagan's Well - a small dungeon full of traps and treasures
  • Anything else he can fit in.
I'm going to be honest, this book had me with Dracula. Josh has promised this version of the big bad will be something Lee and Langella would be proud of. Then the man decides he's going to pit Drac against my other favorite historical vampire, Bathory?! I've been joking that she was one of my lovers in a past life for years. Then you throw in undead vikings and deals with the Satan... Those are just icing on the delicious, evil, devilish cake for me. 

I seriously can't wait to hold this one in my hands and put it to use. I need this zine and you need to back it asap.

1 comment: